In a bid to join Kenya Defence Forces, one must think of meeting the stipulated requirements as highlighted by Kenya Defence Forces.
The prospective candidates willing to join the Kenya Defence Forces MUST meet the following conditions and academic qualifications:
a. General Conditions
(1) Be a Kenyan citizen.
(2) Be a holder of a valid Kenyan National Identity (ID) Card. Additionally, the candidates must bring with them original and four
(4) copies of National ID Card, KRA PIN Certificate and Academic certificates.
(3) Be within the following age brackets:
(a) Between 18 and 26 years for GSO Cadets and General Duty Recruits.
(b) Not above 30 years of age for Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women.
(c) Not above 39 years of age for Chaplains/Imams.
(d) Have no criminal record. (e) Candidates must meet the following minimum physical requirements:
1. Men 1.60m (5ft 3in).
2. Women 1.52m (5ft). Minimum Weight:
1. Men 54.55 kg (120 lb).
2. Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
(f) Body Mass Index (BMI) MUST be below 30.
(4) Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at the time of Recruitment and during the entire duration of training.
(5) Medical. Candidates must be medically fit and skin must be healthy devoid of large or deep scars and tattoos.
(6) Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women should have a minimum of two (2) years practising experience in their field of specialization from the date of registration with the relevant regulatory/statutory body in Kenya.