Kenya Defence Forces has announced mass recruitment in different fields, seeking the qualified individuals to apply.
The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is pleased to announce to the public the recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets (Regular and Graduate degree holders), Specialist Officers, General Duty Recruits, Tradesmen/women and Defence Forces Constables, which is scheduled to take place in the months of August and September 2023.
However, KDF has highlighted the requirements by the applicants who would wish to join Kenya Defence Forces.
The prospective candidates willing to join the Kenya Defence Forces MUST meet the following conditions and academic qualifications:
a. General Conditions
(1) Be a Kenyan citizen.
(2) Be a holder of a valid Kenyan National Identity (ID) Card. Additionally, the candidates must bring with them original and four(4) copies of National ID Card, KRA PIN Certificate and Academic certificates.
(3) Be within the following age brackets:
(a) Between 18 and 26 years for GSO Cadets and General Duty Recruits.
(b) Not above 30 years of age for Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women.
(c) Not above 39 years of age for Chaplains/Imams.
(d) Have no criminal record. (e) Candidates must meet the following minimum physical requirements:
1. Men 1.60m (5ft 3in).
2. Women 1.52m (5ft). Minimum Weight:
1. Men 54.55 kg (120 lb).
2. Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
(f) Body Mass Index (BMI) MUST be below 30.
(4) Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at the time of Recruitment and during the entire duration of training.
(5) Medical. Candidates must be medically fit and skin must be healthy devoid of large or deep scars and tattoos.
(6) Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women should have a minimum of two (2) years practising experience in their field of specialization from the date of registration with the relevant regulatory/statutory body in Kenya.