Salary and Remuneration Commission (SRC) had beefed up the salaries for county executive in the fiscal year 2023/2024.
The lowest salary grade for county executive is COSB 02 and the highest is COSB 17, where the lowest renumeration grade is E1 and the highest standa at A3.
The table below shows the new salary structure for county executive in financial year 2023/2024.
However, Salaries and Remuneration Commission made some implementation in salaries adjustment and are as follows;
- Place county executive jobs in the rightful job evaluation grades, salary structure and annual basic salary progression notches in the financial year 2023/2024 and financial year 2024/2025 respectively.
- House Allowance provided is to be paid to county executive service in the respective regions.
- Commuter allowance to be retained at current rates.
The remuneration structure advised herein shall be implemented with effect from 1st July 2023 in two (2) phases of the financial years 2023/2024 and 2024/2025.
- The salary structure for unionizable staff to be implemented through the collective bargaining negotiations process.
- The job group XPSB 17 and CPSB 18A have been merged into CPSB 17 since their relative worth as determined through job evaluation is equal.
Early Childhood Development Education (ECDE) teachers to be placed within the remuneration structure advised herein.
- A county employee from the defunct local authorities may voluntarily opt to be placed on the remuneration structure advised herein that is applicable to be employees absorbed from the National government and those Recruited by the county government. Such an employee who opts to adopt the remuneration structure under reference shall do so voluntarily and in so doing forfelt all remuneration and benefits obtaining in the defunct local authority.
- The letter supersedes any other advice on the remuneration structure for the county executive in the remuneration items provided herein that are currently in use.